Reviews

A (2) C (2) F (1) G (2) J (1) K (1) M (3) P (2) R (1) S (2)

Monday, January 7, 2013

Review by Mel: On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

Now also available on Paperback!!


Jesus C!


Braden Carmichael has got to be one of the hottest book boys I've read since Kellan Kyle AND Christian Grey. Yes. You read that correctly. Braden Carmichael had my "knickers" in a twist from the moment his sexy Scottish accent entered my life... 

"Most women would be taking advantage of my imprisonment in the taxi with them-chew my ear off, shove their phone number in my face...as well as other things."
"Wow, you really think a lot of yourself."

He grinned back at me, his teeth white but imperfect and his crooked smile sent an unfamiliar shot of feeling across my chest."I'm just speaking from experience."

Knickers. Twisted.

Jocelyn "Joss" Butler is trying to escape a tragic past. She is private, she doesn't get close to people, she doesn't speak about her family or friends, and is perfectly fine keeping it that way. 

Joss needs to find a new place and as luck would have it, she answers an ad for a place on Dublin Street which brings her to Ellie. Ellie is fun, beautiful, kindhearted, eccentric and easy to get along with. I personally fell in love with Ellie upon meeting her. 

"It's not about her strength. Maybe it's the way she looks or talks that fools people into thinking Ellie's fragile. I know different. Ellie can take the bad stuff and bounce back better than anyone I know."

As happenstance would have it, Ellie is Braden's younger sister. Of all the dumb luck. You think you run into a hottie and are done with it? Not for good old Joss.

Throughout the book, we are taken back and forth through Joss' inner turmoil of her past and how it has affected her. We also have a very perceptive Braden who seems to be able to read her very well and call her out on her bullshit. It is definitely not what she bargained for...

"But you...I think you've made an art form out of deflection and self-possession."

She wants simple, unattached, uncomplicated. Braden, oh Braden. He can work with that. He is as possessive as he is sexy and it is HOT.

He took a seething step toward me. "When it comes to you...I don't like to share."

Dirty talk? Absolutely. 

"That's all it takes to make me hard," he told me softly, his lips brushing my ear. "You: saying my name."


Are you intrigued yet? You should be. It wasn't all dirty talk and possessiveness (although I would be okay with that too), as with any "relationship" you argue and you banter...

"Sex and holidays."
"Uh, what?"
"I'm making a list of things that make you agreeable." 
I scoffed, pushing my foot into his leg, "And all you got is sex and vacations?"
"The length of the list is not my fault."


Okay so I know it seems I went a little quote happy with this review, but you should see my Kindle. There were so many highlight worthy moments in this book. 

On Dublin Street was a brilliant mix of passion, love, and trust. How does one deal with inner demons? Jocelyn was taken on a personal journey of how to overcome all of her insecurities and doubts with Braden being a big player in helping her do so. No matter the ups and downs, curve balls will always at some point be thrown your way...

But life wasn't a Hollywood movie. Shit happened. You fought, you screamed, and somehow you worked like hell to get out the other side still intact. 

This book would get WAY more than 5 stars if I could, it is easily one of my favorite books!! EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment