Reviews

A (2) C (2) F (1) G (2) J (1) K (1) M (3) P (2) R (1) S (2)

Monday, January 21, 2013

Pimpin' The Indies and Guest Blogger Monday!!

Ahhh!! SO excited to not only Pimp out one of our favorite Indies, but we have our first ever guest Blogger!

Well lets get this party started! E.L. Montes and her debut novel Disastrous, which is on sale right now, for all of $0.99 on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble! How great is that right?!


Amazon $0.99 This week only!

B&N $0.99 This week only!

Add to your Goodreads!










Lets start everyone off with our wonderful guest Blogger Kathy Womack of Romantic Reading Escapes (be sure to check out her blog!). She has a wonderful review of Disastrous, and here it is:

4.5 stars! E.L. Montes has just reminded me why I love Indie authors so much! I don't know if it was the white-knuckling I did to my iPad while reading the prologue...yes, white-knuckling at the proglogue, people!... or because I love all things mafia and romance, and Disastrous combined both to give me an exciting reading experience. This book has it all...drama, romance, secrets, mystery, betrayal, angst, and twists that will have you pulling your hair out by chunks. 

Mia has lost everyone she ever loved. She only has one friend, Jeremy. This girl breaks my heart and sends it into the wood chipper to grind it into sawdust! BUT...she is one tough and smart chicka, attending law school and making lemonade from the lemons she was dished at a young age. She can hold her own and speaks what she feels with no holds barred, even when it comes to Marcus.

"F*%k you! You want to know who I am, Marcus. Well here it goes! I am temperamental, over-sensitive, and outspoken. I’m honest! I cry at stupid love movies, and I'm a sucker for a romantic novel. I don’t allow people to walk all over me, I have trust issues, and I have insecurities. I’ve slept with four men in my entire life! And the one thing I don’t do is take sh#t from men who try to act like they’re better than me as if they don’t have any hidden skeletons! I’m not keeping sh*t hidden, how ‘bout you? You can f*%k off. I'll find my own way home. Have a nice f*%king life!"

Marcus DeLuca is nothing short of Marcus Delectable! I drool heavily over this man! He is young, successful, gorgeous, and has it all. Did I mention gorgeous? But, he only has eyes for one girl...Mia. He doesn't really know how to have a relationship with anyone, because he's never dated before...until Mia. When they are on, Mia and Marcus light the pages on fire. When they are off, they are the most dysfunctional mess that sucks all the life energy from your body. It's like an 18-wheeler barreling down the road headed straight for the runaway baby carriage! I was exhausted! Mia was so right...being with Marcus even drained me! 

"Being with Marcus DeLuca was draining, frustrating, confusing, and extraordinary all at the same time."

But, he was all kinds of sexy and swoon worthy. *sigh* 

Letting out a deep breath, he pressed his forehead down to mine. With his eyes closed, he whispered, "That’s what love is … It’s scary not knowing what’s expected, but I know it’ll be the best frightening love we've ever had."

What makes this book really stand out for me is the story. Not the sex. Not the angst. Not the secrets or betrayal. Albeit, I love all of those things in a book, but the story of Mia and Marcus, itself, is beautiful. The lines are romantic, the story is realistic, and the characters are grand. Disastrous, the book, is defined as a mix of all my emotions thrown into a cement mixer and then poured out to see which ones are shredded and which are salvageable. E.L. Montes has given the world something special with Disastrous, and it's only the beginning. I look forward to Cautious, the sequel to this beautiful book, coming in May, 2013.

What an amazing review! I think it is time for me to curl up with a glass of wine and get acquainted with Mr. Marcus DeLuca. I have yet to read this book ( Bella a.k.a Cheap Cab. --C.C. for short :P ), I know shame on me. Well Babes, In honor of Disastrous, and of course our friend Ms. Montes, I will be personally be gifting two e-copies! Just simply leave a comment on this blog post! Good Luck Babes!! 



1 comment:

  1. You've been nominated for a Leibster Blog Award! Check it out!

    http://readingdelightz.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-award-2013.html

    ReplyDelete