Reviews

A (2) C (2) F (1) G (2) J (1) K (1) M (3) P (2) R (1) S (2)

Friday, January 18, 2013

Review by ~Books~ (Mel) "Disastrous" by E. L. Montes

Disastrous (Disastrous, #1)Disastrous by E.L. Montes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Marcus DeLuca had to be a dangerous man because I was caving in too soon; it was just too soon to feel this attachment, to feel and want him so desperately. When something seems to good to be true, it's exactly that.

...Mia didn't stand a chance against Marcus' charms. Lesbehonest...

Mia Sullivan is a first year law student at Harvard who has worked hard to be at the top of her class. She is a loner whose mother walked out on her when she was a baby and whose brother and father have both passed. She is strong willed, beautiful, smart, and responsible. She has an amazing roommate, Jeremy, who is a very charming playboy, but also the best and only friend she has. Finishing her first year, her professor has put in an application for her to extern at one of the top law firms in the city...

It happens to be the DeLuca firm...She and Marcus meet as a happenstance at a club and the rest is basically history...There is something so intoxicating about Mia to Marcus, she is unlike any of the women who throw themselves at him normally; she is basically a breath of fresh air..

"You see, Mia, for a long time I haven't had anything like that: honesty, innocence, and pureness. After seeing it through your eyes, I never wanted or needed it more in my life."

I loved the dynamics of their relationship, they were quickly and helplessly drawn to each other... But there is a side of Marcus that Mia is kept from. A dark and dangerous secret that he constantly keeps hidden from her. She becomes aware of changes in his behavior, him leaving at late hours, sometimes cancelling and often agitated upon his return. It takes a lot for her to get him to open up, but he doesn't completely...

The prologue was intense, the story was interesting, and it had moments that practically broke my heart. I cried at things that were revealed and devastated at the outcome of said revelations. I read this book in almost one sitting because I couldn't put it down! I was gripped with their story and was also rooting for their happily ever after. There were characters I loved (his family, was amazing), and characters I loathed and made no secret about wanting very bad things to happen to them...

I thoroughly enjoyed this read and would definitely recommend it! Passion, heartache, laughter, tears, drama, intrigue. Disastrous had it ALL..and left you wanting more. This book leaves you with a cliffhanger and I am anxiously awaiting the sequel!

4.5 solid stars from me! Can love conquer all? Can the amount of love you have for someone take place of everything that seems to be trying to keep you apart? No matter how frightening it is to take that leap, would you take that leap for the one you love? I loved that Marcus was new to whole idea of love, but made no qualms about letting Mia know just how special she was:

Marcus and Mia




"That's what love is....It's scary not knowing what's expected, but I know it'll be the best frightening love we've ever had."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment