Reviews

A (2) C (2) F (1) G (2) J (1) K (1) M (3) P (2) R (1) S (2)

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Up and coming Author Melissa L. Delgado!

I am so please to present to you a new up and coming author Melissa L. Delgado. I had the pleasure of helping put together her bio, and also was able to perform her first "unofficial" interview. She is one of our own here at the BBCC, and we are so proud of Melissa and super excited to see her succeed her goals above and beyond anything she ever could imagine!


Melissa L. Delgado has always had a knack for writing. She was bitten by the proverbial “writing bug” at the very young age of fifteen. Starting out with poems, she loved the way the words she placed on a page could reveal the very depths of her soul. Although, she didn’t really put too much thought into it at that moment in her life it was just a way to privately express herself, a pastime if you will.

Writing never left Melissa. The passion was always a dull ache in her heart. Her life experiences giving her more material than she could ever ask for, at the age of Twenty-nine, she gave in to her true calling in life, and started writing her first novel. The title, Ending a Broken Journey was a collaboration of sorts. While chatting with one of her beta-readers, she was asked “ What do you want to get out of this book?” This gave rise to the title of her debut novel. (Author’s note: Thanks Emms :) )

Melissa comes from a family that is very supportive of all of her endeavors, and this one is no different. She has the strength to follow her dreams largely from the love and support from her family and friends. Though her journey in the literary world is just beginning she has a few inspirations that she would like to recognize. She was asked in her first “unofficial” interview “what authors have most motivated you to keep going?” Melissa answered,

“Colleen Hoover for the way she spoke to my soul, I felt she gave me a sense of purpose to go after my dreams.
E. L. Montes because of her big heart, she inspires me to be a better person daily.
Julie Hill because she is one of the sweetest people I've ever come across. She's a very talented woman.
And JA Redmerski because if an author can have me in a book hangover for a week and have my mind in overtime with ideas, it's definitely an inspiration in my book.”



Author exclusive:

I (Bella) got in contact with one of Melissa’s friend and fellow indie author, E.L. Montes, and she had a couple of questions for Melissa herself.

E.L. Montes: “What inspires you to write?”

Melissa:EVERYTHING inspires me to write! Whether it be a song I hear, something I see on television, something a friend says to me in conversation. I feel most accomplished when I'm trying to create a story. The whole indie community inspires me as well. It's such a wonderful bunch of people who are genuinely supportive and want nothing but a writer's story to be heard as well  And lastly life. Life is so full of expectations, disappoints, highs, lows, excitement, sadness...Living any kind of life can create a memorable and remarkable story.”
E.L. Montes: “What do you want your readers to get out of your story and/or words?”

Melissa: “Hmm what do I want readers to get out of my story/words? I want them to be inspired. I want them to feel moved. I want them to go on the journey with the characters. At the end of the day, I just want them to appreciate my story. If I can get any of that from just ONE person? Then I've accomplished what I set out to do, and is what I consider priceless.”




Here are ways that you can support Melissa as she reaches for her dreams!
Facebook

Goodreads--Don't forget to add "Ending a Broken Journey" to your TBR it is due out Summer 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment